Want to have video from one source and audio from another source...

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Hello all,

I have recently had a SONOS system installed alongside a 5.1 surround sound system for the living room. Its all working great however one of the little niggles i have is that i cannot have the TV display the PS3 output while SONOS music is being played through the speakers (and elsewhere in the house). The SONOS box connected to the amplifier is a ZonePlayer 90 that is connected via digital (optical). The PS3's audio and video channels are handled by a single HDMI cable going into the Amp and then to the TV. My question is, is it at all possible to get the PS3 up on the TV screen but have the SONOS Zoneplayer music coming out of the audio. I only ask for when there are parties and gatherings etc where it would be nice to make use of the PS3's "Life with Playstation" feature while maintaining the same music throughout all the different SONOS zones including the living room. Incase you don't know, the PS3 has an digital (optical) output for sound too, so video and audio could be split if need be.

I apologise if this seems convoluted, if you need to i'll try and make the question a little clearer.

Thanks.