Want to use an indoor antenna.

gdagata

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
I have a Sharp television that was purchased late in 2001. It is model number 32R-S400 and works perfectly. I want to play it with an indoor antenna. An IT person recommended the RCA ANT1275Z amplified indoor antenna, which I purchased, and the QFX digital converter box, which I also purchased. I followed all the directions, but still receive snow and static. Is there any hope that I can do this without cable? I am in zip code 89119.

Solution
Coax is sometimes referred to as RF. Is almost impossible you don't have a coax, but yeah, move antenna around.

Now from converter box to TV, should be a Component, s-video, composite connection for a TV of that year, so you must switch your TV to THAT input, am probably stating the obvious.

kanewolf

Judicious
Can you describe how everything is connected, including the types of cables used. It could something as simple as a bad coax or it could be a busted tuner in the TV. Does the TV and digital box have yellow, red and white RCA jacks? If so, you could use the video input/output of the two devices and bypass the TV tuner.

kanewolf

Judicious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from gdagata : "Want to use an indoor television antenna."

gdagata

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

I had cable service until two week ago, when they switched everything to digital. I don't watch enough to pay for a box or cable service, so I decided to go the converter/antenna route. There was only one cable that connected to the back of the television. Yes, the TV and the box have yellow, red and white jacks both in the front of the TV and in the back. I have disconnected everything, planning to start over. There were no coax cables that came with either the antenna or the box, and the directions for either connection do not refer to a coax. Thanks for responding and for your help.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
You can try moving the antenna around. Get it away from other electronics as best you can. I had a digital picture frame that was causing interference(the wall transformer). Moving it across the room to another outlet didn't help because of the indoor antenna sensitivity. If you are getting snow, I would say that is more of a shielding thing or cabling issue.

Coax is sometimes referred to as RF. Is almost impossible you don't have a coax, but yeah, move antenna around.

Now from converter box to TV, should be a Component, s-video, composite connection for a TV of that year, so you must switch your TV to THAT input, am probably stating the obvious.

Solution