want to use my old laptops hard drive

Anurag Tripathi

Estimable
May 3, 2015
I have a laptop in not a working condition but I have some important data on that so I just removed hard drive from my laptop and want to get that data.
Please help me out that how could I get data through that hard drive.

Most any external USB hard drive enclosure that accepts 2.5" drives would work for what you want to do. They have the SATA to USB interface built into them so you put the HDD in the enclosure and plug it in via USB. The advantage to using that is you can keep the HDD connected to use as additional storage if needed.
My preferred solution is the VANTEC NexStar SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter which has come in handy (I've used the USB 2.0 version for over 15 years - it's super handy IMO).

note: NewEgg link used for descriptive value

I closed your other thread because you had here, a suggestion from a very experienced poster and I would have nothing to add to his advice. Please stick with this thread - it's only been less than half a day and a Sunday at that.

In case you didn't understand CJFriedman's suggestion, he is linking you to a site where you can look at a product which allows you to connect your hard disk to another computer and transfer your data across. If you copy it and paste to the other PC, you can then use the equipment as a backup device, using your old hard disk.

Anurag Tripathi

Estimable
May 3, 2015