Warner Bros. Accused of Pirating Anti-Pirating Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Ironic isn't the word I would choose. Hypocritical is more accurate. They bemoan the loss of billions in revenue, so to combat that loss, they feel justifed in engaging in the exact same behavior.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." - Sir Walter Scott

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Of course, as soon as every "pirate" out there reads this, the first thing in their mind will be: "Since Warner Bros stole technology to prevent me from stealing their movies, I guess that means I can steal their movies." Anything to justify their behavior. WB's own behavior (if true), is inexcusable, but it also doesn't mean their movies are free-reign. Two wrongs don't make a right (i.e. pirate actions don't excuse WB, but WB's actions don't in turn excuse pirates either).

G

I have never seen a more blatant case of "Do as I say not as I do"
it figures doesn't it. They have n=been ripping off artists for years, now they have graduated to software, awesome. When will the Iconic WB carry the Pirate Flag?

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Of course, as soon as every "pirate" out there reads this, the first thing in their mind will be: "Since Warner Bros stole technology to prevent me from stealing their movies, I guess that means I can steal their movies." Anything to justify their behavior. WB's own behavior (if true), is inexcusable, but it also doesn't mean their movies are free-reign. Two wrongs don't make a right (i.e. pirate actions don't excuse WB, but WB's actions don't in turn excuse pirates either).[/citation]

And taking up an anti-pirate opinion on this site doesn't wash you of all your wrongdoings and make you a saint ;)

/Grrr

Waiting for the innocent "What patents?" statement from WB.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]And taking up an anti-pirate opinion on this site doesn't wash you of all your wrongdoings and make you a saint.[/citation]

So because I downloaded a couple songs in college, that makes it OK for others to have done the same? No, it doesn't make my actions or anyone else's actions OK, that was my point.

This article is just going to fuel the pirates fire, when the only thing it should do is humble Warner Bros. This article doesn't validate the pirates, it just invalidates Warner Bros. Warner Bros was the one acting like a saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.