Warner Bros. Buys Rotten Tomatoes and Flixster

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]so, cant trust either site any more, as it possibly basshes non warner bother movies more, and less on the brothers.[/citation]
thats exactly what i thought when i read the headline all the warner movies were gonna get high scores and other films would get bashed.

neoverdugo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
So, slash rotten tomatoes for being affiliated to the "Warner Fools" now. There part of the MAFIAA, so the People should stop buying things affiliated by them.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Well that is ok. I never liked RT anyways... everyone there thought they were the god of reviews and gave every moive a bad rating no matter how good it was.

flipt

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
[citation][nom]bhaberle[/nom]Well that is ok. I never liked RT anyways... everyone there thought they were the god of reviews and gave every moive a bad rating no matter how good it was.[/citation]

Totally agree with you. If the movie is rated 6 on RT, I usually love it. If it is rated 8, I am bored.

G

The reactions I'm reading were mine initially as well. However, we all need to remember that rotten tomatoes does not review films themselves, just averages hundreds of opinions from critics. That shouldn't change.

Jprobes

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
Rotten Tomatoes uses an aggregate system to rate movies based on the average rating from critics across a wide spectrum.

It's kinda like Metacritic, but just for movies. I would find it hard for WB to skew reviews in their favor just because they own it. If they change the format and how they are rated then yeah, but for the most part RT will probably continue to operate as it has in the past when it was owned by News Corp., IE Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.