Watch 360 Youtube Videos on Oculus Rift CV1

lgdl_y

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
So I want to watch 360 videos on my Oculus but I have been having problems, and there is no easy way or step-by-step guide. I will list my specs and set up below first:

- i7 Skylake Processor
- 16gb ram
- MSI GTX 980 Ti
- Z170X Gaming 7 Mobo
- Windows 10

So the way I normally play Oculus, is with the HDMI out of the Motherboard goes to my display, and the HDMI out of the GPU goes into the Oculus. The BIOS has some setting that prefers Integrated Graphics (I think). This allows me to access the menu and other things in Windows 10 on my main display whilst someone else is using the Oculus.

Now I want to watch 360 videos on Youtube. How do I do this? I tried installing the new Firefox, I think it's called nightly or something, that says it has VR support, but I still can't get it to work. Bigscreen Beta App just crashes every time, which I think is to do with my BIOS settings preferring iGFX. I tried to change this but it didn't help.

Ideally I would like to have my Mobo HDMI out still going to the monitor, so I can do windows stuff like select a youtube 360 etc, and then have the GPU out going to the Oculus, where the viewer can watch a 360 video I have just selected. EDIT: I think a possible solution could be to use a DVI out from my GPU to monitor to access other windows 10 stuff, and not use integrated graphics at all, so HDMI out on Mobo would not be used at all but then it wouldnt be possible to access other windows 10 stuff whilst Oculus is in use

So I need help with

• - BIOS settings for preference of GPU
    - Software for watching 360 Videos online

Thank you very much. If you need any more information about my setup or anything else just let me know

Sakkura

Distinguished
The fact that your monitor is connected to the motherboard may indeed be causing some issues.

You can't just use a browser alone to view 360 videos in VR. I would recommend Virtual Desktop for it. BigScreen isn't really designed for that kind of task AFAIK.

lgdl_y

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

Just annoying that I have to pay money to watch a 360 video on my Oculus know what I mean? Anyway thanks for the reply it's appreciated