Watch the Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I am actually looking forward to this, surprisingly. Especially cant wait to play Nazi Zombies!I swear I played that more then anything else in World at War. Although the regular multiplayer dont look half bad either.

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
While I am, as always, skeptical of ANOTHER Call of Duty title, I am glad they finally made a Vietnam one... Sort of... Was that JFK in there?

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]thesupermedium[/nom]While I am, as always, skeptical of ANOTHER Call of Duty title, I am glad they finally made a Vietnam one... Sort of... Was that JFK in there?[/citation]
JFK Zombie level. Call of Duty: Left 4 Dead

CTT

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Looks like a good story, like the others. Still won't buy it. 2 or 3 hour campaign and crap multiplayer arn't worth $50 or $60.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Im pirating this one because I still remember CoD6. Ill wait and see how the MP evolves (filled with annoying 12yo hackers spending all of mommie's money on DLCs and no private servers?). And before any DMCA sucker thumb me down, I own CoD1,2,3,4,5,6.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I have to admit, I DLed it pirated for my 360 and so far the campaign llooks more than just good... The reason Im not shy about this is cause I am going to buy it for my PC so Im adding to their profit no matter plus practically promoting it atm XD

Only reason ive been thinking of buying it is cause I honestly cant deny Ive been loving the new modes for the online they showed a couple of months ago... Looks great and since there are dedicated servers I see no reason not to buy this one. Specially since I am sad enough for buying MW2 -.-

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Meh, Activision lost me when they dropped the custom servers and mod support. This game is a step up from MW2 in that regard since it allows you to use their servers. Still no mod support and the servers allow extremely minimal configuration changes. At least the mods can (probably) boot the cheaters, that alone should drastically improve playability.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
I enjoy the multiplayer in MW2 once in a while, and once there are dedicated servers, no hackers, and hopefully some 24/7 levels, then I will be all fuzzy inside. I still CS:Source for my true fix, though.....and that is old as hell, but perfect in so many aspects for a true multiplayer fps. Hopefully this tries to emulate it a little bit more.

helipro

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
It seems a number of you are judging this game based off Infinity wards actions with call of duty 6.

This game is not made by infinity ward, but by treyarch. They actually have some of the BEST customer support out of any game out there. Also, they DO support MODS (even ask the creator of the X4 mods for call of duty 4). They have unranked dedicated servers that you can FULLY CUSTOMIZE. IT ISNT MW2S ENGINE so it isnt a remake of cod6!

Oh and the campaign. I think you all will be in for a surprise.

I will not even start to talk about the fail mechanics of BOTH the dice games and their lack of support for the pc community.

On top of that, this game is not going to be a crappy port, an entire studio has been working on the development of this game for pc to ensure that it runs at a perfect fine tuned condition for the pc. Want a crappy port? go play bioshock.

This game IS NOT and has nothing to do with Call Of Duty 6 in vietnam. So before you judge a book by its cover, go do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.