Watching cable TV on Mac using HDMI port

dentmom

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
Hi, I just got my cable box installed and I'm waiting for my new tv to come. In the meantime, is there a way for me to watch cable tv on my mac using the hdmi port? Thanks!

Solution
Which HDMI port are you referring to? Most computers have HDMI outputs, but not inputs. The likely answer is no. It may be possible to hook your HDMI to your screen, provided you're not using an all-in-one unit, using an HDMI adapter to convert your signal to whatever input type your screen supports.

Of course, if you're needing to order an adapter, you may end up having to wait as long for an adapter to be deliver as your TV.

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
Which HDMI port are you referring to? Most computers have HDMI outputs, but not inputs. The likely answer is no. It may be possible to hook your HDMI to your screen, provided you're not using an all-in-one unit, using an HDMI adapter to convert your signal to whatever input type your screen supports.

Of course, if you're needing to order an adapter, you may end up having to wait as long for an adapter to be deliver as your TV.

Solution