water damage laptop

littlestone33

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
Hello everyone, my son had his Acer Aspire E15 by the window when the heavens opened up at the weekend and rain got into the laptop. It now does not switch on. I've removed the back and taken out the battery and dried out every thing else with a hair dryer. Can I use wd40 on the motherboard to dispel any moisture left? The power adapter is an ADP-45HE B so how can I tell if this is now faulty after the rain has got in as there is no light indicator on the adapter. The full details of the laptop is Acer Aspire E15, E5-523-904B. Any help or advise would be very welcome. Thank you all. Tom

Solution
"The power adapter is an ADP-45HE B so how can I tell if this is now faulty after the rain has got in as there is no light indicator on the adapter."

the problem might just be the adapter.

If there is no light on I think there's a good chance there's something wrong with it.

You can confirm this by measuring the output voltage with a volt meter.

If the voltage is not what it should be, you have a problem.

I think most likely it will read near zero.
"The power adapter is an ADP-45HE B so how can I tell if this is now faulty after the rain has got in as there is no light indicator on the adapter."

the problem might just be the adapter.

If there is no light on I think there's a good chance there's something wrong with it.

You can confirm this by measuring the output voltage with a volt meter.

If the voltage is not what it should be, you have a problem.

I think most likely it will read near zero.

Solution