Water Damaged 13" Macbook Pro Retina: What Parts Needed for Repair?

Mastermmm

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
I have a 13" water damaged Macbook Pro Retina. Now, I am wondering, how do I know which parts need repair? Is it that I must try and replace each part to find out, or would the LSI's or LCI's (Liquid Contact Indicators) simply let me know the areas of where the liquid has spilled, and thus those surrounding parts are the ones that need repair/replacement?

Thanks!

Solution
Well there isn't much inside to replace except 6 battery cells and the logic board with RAM/SSD on it. If the logic board is toast, it's probably not worth fixing cost wise, so I don't really know what you would replace and switch out.
Well there isn't much inside to replace except 6 battery cells and the logic board with RAM/SSD on it. If the logic board is toast, it's probably not worth fixing cost wise, so I don't really know what you would replace and switch out.

Solution

Mastermmm

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014

Just opened it up to see what I had in front of me. Looks like you're right. So, what are the chances it is the logic board? (I assume pretty high, as the logic board appears to spread across the entirety of the physical computer.)

Mastermmm

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014

Well, I tried turning on the computer multiple times with no luck (no sound, no picture on the monitor). Although the charger does glow orange as if it was charging, but the 'charging' lasts forever, and the orange light never turns green.

Mastermmm

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014

Darn. Well I guess I'll part it out then. Thanks for the advice!

qnqsafe

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
yes,the cost of them is usually like half the cost of a new one and that's buying a used or refurbed board
VxfImC