Water on adapter

Vasini23

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Hi! I poured some unsweetened herbal tea onto my laptop adapter. I dried it immediately but later noticed that a place where a wire connects to a box is still wet. And it's a little bit loose. Now I left it to dry, I think I will wait for 1-2 days and then I'll need it to work. I'm a student and purchasing a new adapter isn't very easy to me. May I use it or better not? Is it safe?

Solution
Rice really won't help. I don't know why people think that will help everything and anything. :( It really doesn't. But even so, not getting into the actual brick would make it not be so easily fixed or dried. If it was water it would be less of a disaster, however even then I would personally not use it. Depending on how long the liquid was in it and how long it takes to dry it can damage things even without them being powered back up. Add to it that it isn't even straight water and well it is just a serious risk to reuse it. Not unless you can take it apart and dry and check every component.

emy2017

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017

Using instant rice would be the best choice. else you may get electrocuted.

Use a reel based casette cleaner with medium pressure, wipe the connector

Rice really won't help. I don't know why people think that will help everything and anything. :( It really doesn't. But even so, not getting into the actual brick would make it not be so easily fixed or dried. If it was water it would be less of a disaster, however even then I would personally not use it. Depending on how long the liquid was in it and how long it takes to dry it can damage things even without them being powered back up. Add to it that it isn't even straight water and well it is just a serious risk to reuse it. Not unless you can take it apart and dry and check every component.

Solution