WD TV Live and NAS Drive

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I purchased a WD TV Live so I could watch my movies stored on my Seagate Go Flex Home NAS 3TB. WD Live shows the GoFlex Home as GoFlex UPnP, not as a network drive. The WD Live sees the mp3 files and plays them fine. When I navigate to the folder on the Public share where the ISO files are, I get a message there are no files available. Any suggestions as to what to do to get the WD TV Live to see the ISO files? The WD TV Live manual specifically lists ISO files as readable by it.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I used imgBurn to create the ISO from Video TS files.

So you would have a regular DVD format then? If you open the ISO with a disk mounting sofware, what is on there?

The other thing to try, is to ocntact WD support and check with them.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, well, well. Even though the manual for the WD TV Live specifically says it reads VOB/ISO files (pg 61 -
http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf) in reality it doesn't. When I did a test conversion from ISO to MKV, everything was hunk-dory, although the Main Menu wasn't there. So, now what? I have the latest firmware.

So, with that in mind, of these video formats, which would give the highest quality?
AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264,
AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV
(MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9

Depends on the source. For DVDs, VOB is the native file so that would be highest, for HD content, you'd want to use MKV.