We have shaw receiver & dvd to connect to Samsung TV no HDMI just coloured cords ... Not enough places to connect them on TV D

If your new TV only has one non HDMI input then you have two options. You can buy an external switch box to expand that one input. If your connections have three RCA cables (usually red, green, blue) for video and two for audio then you need one that does component video. If you have a yellow RCA for video and 2 for audio then you need one for composite video.
The other option is to buy a cheap bluray with HDMI and use that instead of the DVD player. Your receiver will use the one input you do have.

Donjr625

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Hi. I believe those cords are the component video cords. They should match in color to the inputs on the back of both the television and the Shaw receiver. If the television doesn't have the inputs you can try a coaxial cable from the television to the receiver. To connect the DVD player use a single RCA jack(usually yellow) or an S-video cable( if available on both t.v. and Shaw) and red and white RCA jacks for the audio hookup. Hope this helps.

If your new TV only has one non HDMI input then you have two options. You can buy an external switch box to expand that one input. If your connections have three RCA cables (usually red, green, blue) for video and two for audio then you need one that does component video. If you have a yellow RCA for video and 2 for audio then you need one for composite video.
The other option is to buy a cheap bluray with HDMI and use that instead of the DVD player. Your receiver will use the one input you do have.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 8
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 3