Webcam in 3D With Retro Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
I tried some active shutter glasses during cebit and I must say its my personal favorite. Even still the local theatres at least hand out polarized glass pairs of glasses for 3d movies.
I'm definitely not spending extra money on a toy cam that is only gonna give me a headache.

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
[citation][nom]lifelesspoet[/nom]I tried some active shutter glasses during cebit and I must say its my personal favorite. Even still the local theatres at least hand out polarized glass pairs of glasses for 3d movies. I'm definitely not spending extra money on a toy cam that is only gonna give me a headache.[/citation]
That's because local theaters use either two projectors or a single, modified projector that's capable of displaying two color images simultaneously. Shutter glasses need a special monitor to work. $100 is a little steep for an anaglyph (red/blue) 3D camera and the glasses will only work for the people who see you. So for you to see your friends in 3D, they'll all need the camera too.

G

you should do some research. The 3d webcam was already available on Amazon since last Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.