Website Gizmodo Not Charged in iPhone 4 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Im not sure what to think about that. To me, Chen/Gizmodo knew when they were being offered the phone that something fishy had to be going on, but they were so hellbent on getting the scoop that they purchased it anyway. Ah well, its done and over with now.

RazorBurn

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Why is it when I see Apple in the news its always something about someone getting sued or something..
Personaly I think Apple has more Lawyers than developers of their product in their company..
Thats why they make crappy products and yet more news about Sueing people or Patent Infringement..

das_stig

Distinguished
Hang on, they tried to return it to Apple but they failed. If Apple ignored their offers, then yhis should be an interesting court case.

Did they steal it, unknown, did they try and return property yes, did owner want it no.

Gizmodo should be prosecuted for handling iffy goods.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]He got lucky. Apple is out for blood most of the time.[/citation]

Yah... definitely... I agree, Gizmodo shouldn't have been charged. Little thing called freedom of the press. It's not as if they gave out data that could be a hazard to national security, all they did was show off a prototype phone that could have possibly (but didn't) damage Apples revenue on the product by a small margin. Apple sheep will buy Apple products. Such is the way of things.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
personally i dont care if they stole it from steve jobs house; the crime here is that they went full shift apple crazy after that article for page hits.

The site changed form "hey check out this amazing new technology that will not be implemented for years" to "im really into photography and too trendy for any technology that doest look good next to my ikea furniture, oh and did you see my sweet new beard". at one point they won me over from engadget.

Riv4L

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I stopped occasionally reading Gizmodo last year due to the clear Apple fanboyism.
It wouldn't have been in their best PR interests to go after a popular tech site that is so far up the company's *** that it would have had more adverse effects on the company.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
What wrong did Hogan and Wallower do? Assuming what we see in the article is true, that they found the phone and tried to return it but were denied, why would anything they did be illegal?

G

No wonder if GizModo should be called macModo, I actually believe Apple releases prorotypes "accidentally" to GizModo...

stilespj

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
The Santa Clara D.A. is going after the easy targets and has too much free time on his hands.

Lucky his office is elected. Next election, I'm voting him OUT!

G

Wow.... since when do the police conduct a raid over a phone? I want my tax money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.