Weird google search

solquiff

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi..this is hard to describe but maybe you guys can put my mind at ease.

Today i used google to search and clicked on the link and was taken where i wanted to go. A while later i realised that the tab i had used was open at google (weird as i thought i had remained on the site i was looking at). The weird thing is that what brought it to my attention was that the search result in the tab (when u search in google the first few words of the search can be seen at the top of the tab)..was not something id searched for a long time. I clicked on the tab and there was nothing in the search tab...i know that if you search and then erase the words the original search term stays in the tab heading. I checked in history and i hadnt searched that term today so i dont know why it was in the tab heading.

I recognized the term from maybe 4 months ago but definitely didnt search for it or anything similar today..as i said i thought i had remained on the site google had originally taken me to.

I was a bit freaked out by this. Could it have something to do with me being logged into gmail at that time and my searches being stored under my gmail account? Maybe it just opened a random tab from a search from months ago. I dont know.

Hope I have explained myself well enough.

Thank you for your time.

Solution
Not really sure what you are trying to describe here, what do you mean the tab you used was open at google? Google is a company so you can't really say open at Google without giving other details. Open in Chrome? The search window? Searches are stored under your account as well as in the system itself under your temporary web browser files.
Not really sure what you are trying to describe here, what do you mean the tab you used was open at google? Google is a company so you can't really say open at Google without giving other details. Open in Chrome? The search window? Searches are stored under your account as well as in the system itself under your temporary web browser files.

Solution

solquiff

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi sorry for the confusion. I mean the chrome browser..the tabs i had open..i had 3 or 4 open..and i used one to google something..i clicked on the link i wanted and went to a site.i then went back to using one of the other tabs.

10mins larer i saw that the tab i am referring to had a search term at the top which i thought was weird as i hadnt searched for anything else. I clicked on it and there was nothing typed in the gogle search box yet at the top of the tab there were a few words ( which appear when you search for something on the google page). The words were of a search term from month ago..yet they werent written in the srarch field. The only way this couldve happened would be if i searched then erased the words...with the search term staying in the tab 'label'.

Obviously i didnt do this. I never touched anything so i dont understand how the tab left the page i had left it on..then typed in a search term..then erased the words leaving the search term in the tab 'label'.

Could it have something to do with the google history..not temp internet files?

solquiff

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
Any ideas? Do you know what I a referring to? Basically, has google chrome been known to randomly open websearches from months ago?

There was a tab open with a search term in the tab name (of something I searched for months ago) and I dunno how it got there as as was using another tab at the time. I definitely didnt search for that term yesterday and the weird thing is that the search term was in the tab name but not in the google search field. Normally when you make a search the title of the tab changes to that of the search and also the words stay in the search box (unless you delete the words).

It may have recovered a tab that was opened before, I think I see what you mean now, just tried it. If you search, the title of the tab changes to the search term, then I cleared the search to nothing and the title remained the same name. Don't have a clue as to why you'd see a tab with a term you did not search for though, aside from maybe Chrome recovering a crashed tab.

solquiff

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
Thanks for your time. I checked in both temp files and google search history and that term definitely wasnt searched yesterday. I was in front of the computer the whole time. Could it be that chrome recovered an old tab from months ago?

The only other option is that someone did it whilst i wasnt looking then deleted it from both temp files and google search history..but that seems ridiculous..i was in front of the screen the whole time but looking at a book on my desk. I think id have noticed if someone had been mesding remotely with my screen.

Is it ptob just that the tab recovered itself from months ago as i was also connected to my gmail acc at the time..some kind of glitch maybe?

Thanks