Weird issue with MSI laptop

Vympel

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
Hey guys,
I have a weird issue with my laptop, it's a MSI GT70.
When it's powered off for like more than 15 minutes it turns on only in the second time I press the power button.
In the first time, it turns on regularly, I see the MSI logo and then it shuts down, in the second time I press the button it turns on perfectly fine.

I've tried few things, such as:
Disconnecting any USB and Ethernet ports.
Disabling anything in the BIOS except the Windows Boot Manager.
Resetting the BIOS to its factory defaults.

*I recently added another SO-DIMM stick, currently I have 4 installed: (4x8GB DDR3L 1600Mhz).

Thanks in advance :)

Vympel

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
It didn't happen before I installed the new SO-DIMM, but removing it is not that easy and I wanna make sure it is the issue before I do it, it's under the keyboard.
By the way, it didn't start right after I added the new RAM.

The only way to make sure the RAM is or is not the issue is by removing it and seeing how the computer runs. Everything else is guessig up till you try that. Plus you just said this started happening right after you added the RAM so what else could it logically be? That is the first thing to try. If you do A, right after that B happens, the first thought should be that A caused B.

It does not turn on at all now? Or still only on second try? I would contact MSI support and see what they say now that you are back on the stock setup. I would not avoid saying anything about adding RAM unless they ask although it's a part made to be replaced and upgraded so they should not hassle you too much about it being your fault.

Try removing the battery see if it turns on only on wall power.

Vympel

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
Yep, still on the second try. I've just tried to remove the battery and boot using the AC connector, same.
I might email MSI later today, but I'm not sure i'm covered by warranty, I bought it via Amazon and I'm out of the states.

MSI has service centers internationally, and you do get the manufacturer warranty when you purchase through Amazon. Hopefully you're covered, just be sure to remove any upgrades you've done before you send it to them, if they'll take it in!