Discussion Weird Unnkown Issue in my laptop

Jun 14, 2019
I don't know where to start it's weird and just messed up .
So I have that laptop Hp elitebook 8560w and I have Windows 10 and kali linux as dual boot and the issue is that my mouse is messed up
sometimes it will work fine and other times it never clicks and some other times it click in a different place than the one I wanted ! I tried changing the port still the same I tried a new mouse still the same ! even the touch pad does the same thing ! on both windows 10 and kali linux I did reinstall both of them even I removed my ram and replaced it after cleaning I removed and harddisk and replaced it again.. but nothing !! in windows most of the times when it doesn't work I would just open the task manager using Ctrl Alt Del and it will work fine after that which is fucked up ! and in kali I don't know I keep restarting until I get lucky enough for it to work fine .. any ideas ?
someone said that I check if the issue present when I'm in Bios I did but it works fine ! I verified both the mouses and they worked totally fine on other laptops and since the touch pad itself have the same issue so it's not from my mouse or even the port . I reinstalled the windows multiple times ( so that I get new drivers) the same thing.

it's annoying really and even more annoying that I can't figure out what's the issue ! any help would be appreciated really ..

I don't know if that's the right place to post threads about issues if not just inform me and I will remove it.

<mod edit: language cleaned up, spacing added

Last edited by a moderator:

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
aJuker
Look in device manager, are both pointing devices ok? (no yellow marks)
Anything else plugged into USB ports? unplug them
Try disabling touch pad to see if drivers are conflicting with each other.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 0
W Laptop General Discussion 4
G Laptop General Discussion 2
6 Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 3
W Laptop General Discussion 2
M Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 2
B Laptop General Discussion 1