Announcement Welcome to the Tom's Guide Community!

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 27, 2023
Hello, mostly into portable audio (iems, headphones, daps, dongles), just attended CanJam SoCal two years in a row, I may be able to answer some questions to the best of my abilities, feel free to ask, thank you.

Oct 22, 2023
Hi all. Been reading Tom's Guides for years, but just "found" the community.

I'm into electronics and technology, but mostly as it relates to vintage audio and guitars. But you gotta stay abreast of computer stuff to survive in these days.

Artie

Oct 31, 2023
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
Hi
I'm new to this forum. I use an HP desktop computer, a tablet mostly for reading e-books, and an android cell phone. So your basic older person who is not too hip with technology although just slightly in the game. I'm interested in finding out about the cloud and how it can help me. I travel somewhat and want to be able to access some of what is on my desktop computer while away from home.

Nov 6, 2023
I'm a game enthusiast and a swimming coach rolled into one. ;-) I also like solo walking, just walk at my own pace without having to slow down for others and there are no arguments as to which way to go.

Nov 15, 2023
Hello.
I am Cheddare, I am new to this website.
I love Gaming, Coding, and a few other hobbies.
My Favorite Gadget or "Piece of Technology," would have to be a 3Ds.

Reactions: Stargazerw89
Nov 21, 2023
Hi I am Jack. I like to slam companies and ignorant people that think they are the best and or cheapest deal around. I am an android user and a store police abuser. Please feel free to ask my opinion on anything. It will usually be correct and that will make it a fact that you may use in an argument. Well that is me in a nutshell, if your article gets me moved enough to post a comment, well at least I read your article so you should probably ready my comment as it will be constructive criticism at the very least and a better price usually. In my opinion of course.

Dec 22, 2023
Hi, I have enjoyed and relied upon Tom's Guide reviews for quite a while, particularly on phones and personal electronics including computers. JPD

Dec 23, 2023
Howdy! I’m a mechanical engineer who has worked on some pretty high tech stuff with large cross-functional teams, providing a decent breadth of understanding, and, more importantly, a healthy appreciation for the areas I lack expertise in. I have far too many hobbies and really love technology and anything that can improve life for someone; whether that be through technology, mechanical advantage, health and food sciences or anything else! I’m happy to be part of the community and hope I can provide some good feedback and suggestions, but am also looking forward to learning about new tech!

Jan 8, 2024
Hey. Shaheryar here from Pakistan. Thank you for having me in the tech fourm. Im a geek for tech, Started out as an android user but shifted to Apple but recently found my way back to android with Pixel 6. Looking forward to learning more about tech and giving my two cents.

Jan 14, 2024
Dr. Tom (no, the other one). Happy New Year. I hope that I can get some useful information on tech and that I can provide the same back to the community. Godpseed all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 12, 2024
To The Forums
Been around for awhile , will since DOS 3.0 and 1 meg hard drives lol. have new copy of dos 1 still in package lol. Hard to keep up with all this being it changes all the time. Maybe i can help someday as well. Been throwing alot of stuff away, very hard to do that too. For life is to short to dive into everything so some things have to take a back seat. Ive built alot for 088 thru 486 and beyond as i like the hardware end of it. I used to take apart harddrives and replace bearings but thats not worth it anymore but it was a learning curve. I miss the monthly computer shows we used to have back in the days. Never had time to learn Basica and C++ very time consuming and deticated. How ever i am a lover of drag racing and build my own cars and motors and chassis.
So iam here to ask questions on newer stuff as i try helping out the family. Always a learning curve.

Feb 26, 2024
Even though I've been reading Tom's Guide for a few years, I just hadn't noticed the forum before. I just did, and so I joined. I'm an Android and Windows guy. Yikes, I didn't mean to strike a nerve along one of the more heated dividing lines in society today. I'm generally interested in following threads recommending various products or software programs/apps. I'm particularly interested in productivity apps.

I'll start off with one question about the scope of topics that are appropriate to post. I'm curious to what extent it's appropriate to post questions that have to do with troubleshooting or learning how to use a particular feature on a device. I see that answers to questions there can be valuable -- and also might be apt to oversaddle the site many times beyond reason.

Thanks.

Mar 6, 2024
Long time reader of PC part guides/comparisons, first time forum registeree... thanks for having me.

Apr 6, 2024
Long time reader, 1st time writer. Android, computers, movies, cord cutter, and video games with a dash of new tech.

My 1st video game was pong, which I played when it 1st came out, so I'm on the older side.

Hi guys

If you've been around for a while, you've probably seen me.
If you're new, you will see me.

-------------------
There are no stupid questions.
You may not get the answer you want, but you WILL get the correct answer.
I might have stumbled in here drunk a few times. Has a strange familiar oder, but very well could be me. Well I have had a terrible beginning to this S22 Ultra I purchased a few weeks ago. Samsung customer service was a joke. Toms Guide and Reddit saved my phone from my violence. I'm learning as I go. Big into headphones. Sony WHXB900N's have been punching my brain for a couple of years now. Sorry, I might have had a drink today. Just saying hello, kind of

Apr 27, 2024
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
Hello, I've been an avid reader for years now but never thought to join the forum. I'm a tech nerd and a videogame enthusiast. I prefer Android for mobile devices, Microsoft for desktops/laptops & when it comes to gaming I'm a console player. I currently own both the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. My wife also owns her own PS5 and Xbox Series S combo making our household very gaming centric lol.
I actually got my PS5 in 2021 and it was going to be my only console but I really started to like what Xbox was bringing to the table so I got myself a Series S. That little beast sucked me right back in to the Xbox ecosystem & to my surprise every Xbox 360 game i purchased digitally was accessible day one. After 2 years with the Series S I recently upgraded to the Xbox Series X & it's now the console I prefer. Yes I enjoy my PlayStation exclusives & I've been a PlayStation gamer 25+ years now but Sony has really disappointed me with their live service ambitions and the lack of 1st party exclusives I'm 2024 is shocking to me. Meanwhile on my Xbox side I'm getting Hellblade 2, Avowed and Indiana Jones and The Great Circle in 2024. Not only do I prefer the Xbox ecosystem I also prefer Xbox when it comes to multiplayer, it's party chat system is superior with it's built in noise cancelling software making everything sound good. At the end of the day having both consoles allows me to play the best games offered by both ecosystems. I never thought I'd come to prefer Xbox over PlayStation especially since I skipped the Xbox One generation almost entirely (gave my Xbox One to my little brother in early 2015 about 18 months after release & I wouldn't touch an Xbox until I got my Series S in 2022) but here I am enjoying my Xbox Series X way more than my PS5.

Side note I'm sick of media bias against Xbox, I used to think that was made up but now I see clearly that it's not. Most gaming news sites talk about Xbox doom and gloom. It really is a shame, we'd be in s world of hurt if Xbox didn't exist and Sony was left to control the high end console market by themselves allowing them to fully take advantage of consumers. Competition is good & I'm sick of sites basically cheering for the demise of Xbox. Happy gaming!