Welcome To The World's First Wikipedia Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbsource

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
The England / Wales border has changed many times over the last 1000 years. Monmouth has been both English and Welsh, depending on the time period.

When my ex-girlfriend's grandmother went into labour with her son, her Welsh husband drove her past several suitable hospitals in Monmouthshire because it wasn't a Welsh enough area for his child to be born into. Even though it was at the time, and still is, Welsh.

onanonanon

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
You know, when I read the headline I thought 'What a load of old bandwagon-hopping bollocks this is going to be'. But having read the article, I'm forced to admit that it's a pretty good idea. I just hate it when other people are right...

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Cool concept. Many tourist areas could benefit through lower tourist publication costs since they wouldn't need as many print materials/flyers at tourist sites. Could definitely enhance the experience.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Hey, I got a QR Code tatoo on my lower back now.
Wanna scan me ?

Just a joke of course, but only a question of time that someone will put one on his/her body.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
If everyone shares the stories of their local area, we'll have a much clearer understanding of the world we live in and that's a powerful thing.

Hah.

This article may contain original research. Please improve it by verifying the claims made and adding references. Statements consisting only of original research may be removed. More details may be available on the talk page.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Hey, I got a QR Code tatoo on my lower back now.Wanna scan me ?Just a joke of course, but only a question of time that someone will put one on his/her body.[/citation]

Have a return address in the QR code for when you have been drinking...

G

doive1231 05/22/2012 10:10 AM
If Henry V was born in Wales then he must be Welsh, surely.

It's all a matter of perspective - as the first Duke of Wellington reputedly said in regard to being born in Ireland, and therefore Irish, "Just because one was born in a stable doesn't make one a horse" - or, possibly, of being in a powerful enough position to have the luxury of ignoring the "accident" of your birthplace..

Status
Not open for further replies.