Question Westinghouse Android tv problems

Apr 27, 2020
Hi,
i'm really about to give up last september (2019) we bought a WESTINGHOUSE WG50UR4100 50" 4K UHD ANDROID TV
it was great for the first couple of month but then it started having problem with the wifi connection ... fine i tought my router was juyst shitty so i plugged it directly by ethernet... went well for a couple weeks but since about 2 months now i have been having some issues the time and date when we turn on the tv is almost never correct sometimes it can read january 6th, 2000 or just a couple day backwards (never forward in time) the time by itself is never the right one when you turn on the tv ... even if yiu turn on and off and on again get time via internet option .. i wouldn't had cared if it was just that but i then noticed that when my time/date is not correct none of my online capabilities seems to work correctly:
  • chromecast won't work
  • youtube, netflix etc... will boot up show the show or videos but when you try to play them it will say either not internet connection or an error as occured
  • the network might say : connected with no internet access but i do a connection test and i get 200-300 mbps of speed. no latency .... no loss.... no jitter on the line....
it gotten to a point when its almost not usable anymore
like i said my tv is a WESTINGHOUSE WG50UR4100 50" 4K UHD ANDROID TV
it's running Android 7.1 Nougat

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 2