What are component connections in notebooks called?

okppko

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Notebooks have screen, keyboard, pad, cam, wifi, etc. But what are the connections called? Is the screen dvi? The keyboard usb? etc?
Can you use a notebook keyboard on a desk top?
Thank you.

k1114

Distinguished
Propitiatory? Did you mean proprietary? Mpcie is standardized. You can find lcd controllers for just about any laptop monitor. You can find adapters for just about everything else but wouldn't bother trying to figure out the connection type. It would be a rats nest and buying a desktop one is cheap.

MuddyFunster

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

I did indeed mean that, serve me right for not looking at the spell check properly. I didn't mean to give the impression that M-pci or Mpcie were not standard, apologies if that's how it read.

okppko

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Thank you for answers. k1114 you probably know, its about a notebook with a lcd 12.1" screen that does not work. I tried new inverter and lamp, and no result. The notebook has a vga port, and on a small external lcd 1024x768 it seems to make a fast sharp picture. On bigger screens I do not know. On the notebooks internal lcd cable it says lcd cable 6-43-t12r1-012 hl 08 05 17. The connector is 22mm width and 20 pins. Is that standard? Thanks.

okppko

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I already have seen the prices for a new display, and it is to expensive compared to a new notebook.

okppko

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009

The cable should work, its likely the display that is damaged. From what I have read about lcd displays, I thought the inverter or lamp was damaged. But new lamp or inverter did not make the display work. A display must fit in a clevo tn120r or nexos osiris 621. It does not have to be a touchscreen. If it is for sale in europe, I can get it. But its not difficult to find, but low priced it is.