What are PMPO and RMS ?

Gueza

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I have ALTAVOCES Phoenix Neon Subwoofer and i'm wanted to know if it's good or not .

specs :

- Power : 575 Watts. PMPO 60w RMS.
- Subwoofer + 2 tweeter 30W + 15W x 2 RMS.

What are PMPO and RMS ? Is This Subwoofer Enough for extreme loud songs ?

USAFRet

Illustrious

1. Google is your friend. The definitions of PMPO and RMS are quite easy to find.
2. Do you want it loud, or do you want it good? Only you can tell if it sounds 'good'. I'm betting this one doesn't.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Can't tell until you actually listen to it. Everyones ears are different. Simple specs like that do not come close to telling the whole story. 575 watts PMPO means little if the THD (total harmonic distortion) is 50%

What is the distortion level?
What do you have driving it?
What is the source of your music?
Where are you playing this? At home? In the car?

If all you want is *loud*, try it. It may suck, it may not suck. But with the right source, you can probably get it *loud*.

USAFRet

Illustrious

As said...those aren't 'specs' but rather partial specs. From that info, there is no way to tell. It may be great, or it may suck.
If I told you a car had a side impact rating of 5/5 (and told you nothing else) would you think the car was good?
What I'm not telling you is the front impact rating is 2/5, and the gas mileage is worse than a delivery truck.

Those numbers do not tell the whole story.

What is it not doing that you need it to so? Don't blow money on a new one if this one is filling your needs.