what are the connections of a viera panasonic tv to a dvd/vhs recorder using an air antena no paid cable?

Hermina

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
I had cable before, now I did not renew the cable and . I got an air antena which gives me Ok some channels unfortunate I can not record anything because I have no signal from the air chanels. My DVD/VCR recorder worked fine when I had cable. I know I need the signal to come to DVD/VCR recorder first then it should go last to TV. I tried to put the air antena in the DVD combo then out to the TV. But I did not use the HDMI cables I can play the DVD in any situation but I can nor record please help?

Solution
Your DVD/VCR probably does not have a digital over the air tuner built in so you can't get any channels. It does have an analog tuner which was compatible with your analog cable service.
The only way to get it to work at all is to buy an OVA digital converter box. Split the antenna lead in two and connect one to the TV. The other connects to the converter box. The converter box connects to the input of the DVD/VCR. Play a video tape to determine if the VCR outputs through the HDMI connection. If not then you will need to connect it with composite video (yellow RCA) and L/R audio (Red/White RCA) for playback.
This set up will let you watch one program and record another at the same time but programming ahead will be limited since...
Your DVD/VCR probably does not have a digital over the air tuner built in so you can't get any channels. It does have an analog tuner which was compatible with your analog cable service.
The only way to get it to work at all is to buy an OVA digital converter box. Split the antenna lead in two and connect one to the TV. The other connects to the converter box. The converter box connects to the input of the DVD/VCR. Play a video tape to determine if the VCR outputs through the HDMI connection. If not then you will need to connect it with composite video (yellow RCA) and L/R audio (Red/White RCA) for playback.
This set up will let you watch one program and record another at the same time but programming ahead will be limited since the VCR can't change channels on the box.
There are some OVA boxes that have PRV functions built in that might be easier if you use the VCR for time shifting. This would be HD for a better picture too.
http://www.epvision.com/index.htm

Solution

TRENDING THREADS