What besides chargeport/battery/adapter could cause power issue with laptop?

Halden_1

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
Hello my Acer 5334-2541 laptop (5yo) recently appears to have had some part of its power function broken. I believe its the port or jack or something on the inside but it could be the power Hello my Acer 5334-2541 laptop (5yo) recently appears to have had some part of its power function broken. I believe its the port or jack or something on the inside but it could be the power adapter.

I recently replaced the battery to be sure. The laptop still boots and runs fine with the battery only but the battery wont charge anymore and the laptop with out the battery but plugged in gets no blue power light and wont turn on.

Recently I took it to a shop. And while I do not know if the shop is 100% certain or competent, I believe they tested the charge port. Guy said it was 'immaculate'. He didn't tell me if he tested the power adapter, so I will likely buy another adapter and test it myself.

When you try to charge the battery the two light leds on the laptop that signify battery charging and power blink. One blinks orange, the other pink/purple. It did this some before xmas and was doing it the last week several days. I can't get any light to come on if I take the battery out and plug it in to the wall.

What I noticed right when this broke was how pistol hot the part of the power adapter that connects right to the laptop (its a universal adapter) and it even had some green liquid I guess plastic a bit. The adapter itself seemed a little too cool to the touch. I will say that this my 4th adapter on this 5 yo laptop. I think its eating them. The adapters blue light still comes on.

The orange charge light use to come on to for about a year. It did once a day if I left it plugged in all the time. It would drop to 95 percent charge while plugged in.

And videos had lagged. I almost feel like it was power demand caused by videos that finally made it break. I haven't ruled out overheating or motherboard issues, but I do know it booted and ran fine with the battery alone. So interested in what else it could be if not the power adapter, battery, or chargeport.

Hi,

I would say to look inside the laptop itself for the problem specially the charging port of it. If you know basic knowledge in soldering electronic part I would suggest on re-soldering the charging port to make sure that it's in good working condition then replace the AC adapter as well since it's also not working without the battery and just connected directly to your AC adapter.