What Burning Hot Laptops Can Do to Your Legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
A lot of you calling this 12 year old child an idiot are vastly overestimating how hot 125 degrees feels. That really isn't very hot. Not nearly hot enough for me to worry about being burned. This was the point of the article. It's not hot enough to cause physical pain or burn your skin but if you are in constant contact with it for several hours a day over the course of several months it CAN damage your skin, slowly.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Hmmm ... link didn't show ... Ill try again

http://politiken.dk/tjek/sundhedogmotion/born/ECE1075496/faldt-i-soevn-med-pcen-i-skoedet-fik-2-gradsforbraendinger/

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]looks as if the connection between brain and common sense was burnt out....[/citation]

with most people, and long ago...

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
No surprise as most are very very cheaply built, cooling alone with comfort and quality are long gone. I remember those ancient bulky Dos era laptops that wouldn't get even after many hours of use. Now they are just to thin and have very little cooling so this is no surprise to see this happen to people.

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Laptops today is not the same laptop his or her grandpa or grandma used.. ( yes I said it. There is a generation of adults that know what a laptop is. ) Back in the day you could hardly get a laptop with a pentium chip in it.. to slow roast an egg. ( remember the 233mghz pentiums I am sure you don't ask GrandPa.) now, in the days of multi core multigigahertz superthin laptops, components are much closer, heat-sinks closer to the surface of the outer shell of the laptop in fact one can argue that the design of the case is to conduct heat away from the CPU and the GPU. Most desktop technology ( CPU/GPU ) trickles down to the Laptop industry. NOW - If one is an avid reader of ANY computer rag they would know that that technology gets rather warm - lets see .. liquid cooled, air cooled heat-sinks that way a "ton" and half the size of the mother board itself... yeah. brains would say that gets rather warm. would you go tell your child to place their bare skin on a burning hot CPU ? didn't think so. NOW let us shrink the chip create a heat-sink and a way to channel the heat. You cannot tell me that you cant feel that hot air coming out what ever orifice they have it coming out of!!! Question... have you ever played with a G4 macbook ? That damned thing gets warm ! Now lets look at all the iCores out there the i3s, i5s and i7s the AMDs and such single and duo cores alike... Tell me as a parent you are not going to be concerned .. remember when Mom yelled at you for sitting to close to the television ? Well maybe its time that you listen to your computer building spouse when they tell you and the little one to take that laptop off your lap. Oh and I won't get into the conspiracy theory of microwave radiation -- remember Microwaves starts at the 2.4ghz range...~Im just sayin' ...

Status
Not open for further replies.