What can/will happen if I select the wrong country when bying an anti-virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalNord

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
Hi,
I am about to place an order and buy Kaspersky anti-virus but if I buy it from the ´swedish´ Kaspersky store it will cost me more than 3 times as much as it would if I buy it from the US Kaspersky store. The anti-virus i'm buying is a download but I need to fill out my country and sweden is not an option, if I say that my country is USA - what can happen and will the anti-virus work here in europe as well? (in the US-shop it costs 59$ for 5 computers and in the swedish-store the very same one costs almost 124$)

Thank you for taking time to read this post! =)

Solution
it will not work in a different country than where it was sold. they will not allow you to activate it overseas. you will lose your money.

TalNord

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016

Hi, thank you so much for telling me this, I was so close to buying it that way. So you kind of saved me! =) But now I have a follow up question; I now bought it from the swedish kaspersky store and it works fine, but if I should go on vacation to for example UK or US and bring my laptop - will my kaspersky work then? If yes, why would it work then if it would not work if i bought it from a different country..? Hope you understand and sorry for all the questions =)

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
You could cover every square inch of the earth and your av would stay working the entire time. The only reason why product keys have different regions that they only work in for activation is because some policy's for say a game or even a product that uses something like encryption or some type of internet protocol the country it's being activated in might have laws or other things preventing it. But once you install something like AV you can use it anywhere. When you go on your trip you might also want to look for VPN for say if you are in the states that can route you through your home country.

TalNord

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016

Thank you so much for that explanation! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.