What causes a new lap top screen to flicker?

bamusiime sylvia

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
I bought a laptop(compaq) and a few days later it began to flicker.Am so sure it's not a power problem because it still flickers when am running on battery.What puzzles me is,it can take two or three months without flickering and then later starts displaying a greenish fill on the screen with flickers.

I have never droped it down or placed heavy things on it so,am alittle worried about this problem.Some say it's a fibre and others say it's a graphics card that has to be replaced.

Please help.
Sylvia

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Assuming your drivers are installed properly and up to date, you likely have a defective LCD display or video adapter (or one of the cables/components used to connect them). You can't replace the video card (as mentioned earlier) without changing the entire motherboard as they are integrated.

Per Bacterius' suggestion, if this system is under warranty, you should return it for repair/exchange. If it isn't covered, you likely will have a LCD and/or motherboard replacement in your future. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Good luck!