What do I need to install after windows

luked14

Estimable
May 4, 2014
I just finished building and installing windows on my first custom pc and was wondering exactly what do I need to install after windows besides my motherboard drivers. If anyone has any recommendations please leave a specifc example, such as a specific anti-virus software.

Solution
Hi luked14
after installing windows ,
go to your motherboard manufacturers website and dowload and install all the drivers for your board
chipset
video'
Lan
sata
usb
etc etc
then go to either nvidias website or amd's website depending on the make of your gpu and download the latest
drivers for it and install them
for antivirus i recommend
https://www.avg.com.au/products/avg-anti-virus-free/?gclid=CP6ch5Gn9r4CFcEJvAodOC4APA
download and install the free version of AVG Antivirus

Nuckles_56

Estimable
May 25, 2014
You will need to instal all the drivers which come on the disk with your mobo, then you should download an antivirus program like avast or similar, then let windows update itself and go and look for the updated drivers for your system

mickypheonix

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
Hi luked14
after installing windows ,
go to your motherboard manufacturers website and dowload and install all the drivers for your board
chipset
video'
Lan
sata
usb
etc etc
then go to either nvidias website or amd's website depending on the make of your gpu and download the latest
drivers for it and install them
for antivirus i recommend
https://www.avg.com.au/products/avg-anti-virus-free/?gclid=CP6ch5Gn9r4CFcEJvAodOC4APA
download and install the free version of AVG Antivirus

Solution

luked14

Estimable
May 4, 2014

My motherboard drivers came with Norton is that any good?

yassterday

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

Norton is good only if you have a full version, the motherboard version only comes with around 30 -60 days and then after that it will annoy the shit out of you to make u buy it, i just recommend, Microsoft security essential and anti malware bytes, they are both full versions for free and does an equally amazing job as a paid anti virus.