What do you need for a sound system?

sawix97

Honorable
May 8, 2013
Im planning to get myself a pair of CV VE15F and Im wondering about what options i have about getting an amplifier. I need atleast 100w in 8 OHM.

Thanks for your help and time C:

Nice with a system under 1.8k, if not i might go for the VE12F with the NAD C356BEE...

batuchka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ya i think you need to elaborate more on what exactly u intend to do, how big a room the set up is to serve, etc? Efficient speakers in a small/medium room can get very loud with far less then 100WPC and depending on what your sources are, a 2 channel for the same $$ rather than a surround set up could be your best investment

The Cerwin Vega speakers pretty much have one good quality. The ability to play very loud without a lot of power. If this is the most important thing to you then get them. They will not sound the same when they are not played loud. This can be very critical to most people. Since you mention the NAD I would suggest you visit that dealer and listen to other speakers before you buy the Cerwins to make sure that they are right for you. With that in mind the NAD will probably play them more than loud enough unless you are in a very large room or want club volume levels.