What does reformatting do to your SD card

20chendricks

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
I have a moto e second gen. I like to play games on it then when I turned it on this morning it said damaged SD card and I moved all my data on the SD card I spent hundreds of hours playing with my apps and I don't want to lose the data, please help

Solution
Hi,

Reformatting an SD card will wipe all of its contents and erase everything. You can try to use a card reader and connect it to a computer. In that way there would be greater chances that you can still recover your files from the SD Card or repair the SD Card without losing the files. However, your files will be lost if the computer can't even recognize the files from the SD card and still prompting you to reformat. Hope that helps. Thanks

alxmrn

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

Reformatting an SD card will wipe all of its contents and erase everything. You can try to use a card reader and connect it to a computer. In that way there would be greater chances that you can still recover your files from the SD Card or repair the SD Card without losing the files. However, your files will be lost if the computer can't even recognize the files from the SD card and still prompting you to reformat. Hope that helps. Thanks

Solution