What Google's Unpatched Android Flaws Mean for You

Status
Not open for further replies.

targetdrone

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
So in order to fix the WebView flaw we need to shell out a few hundred dollars for a new device with KitKat. :/

Awesome. I just love how they tie operating systems and security patches to hardware.

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
It means nothing cause I don't store password, and other sensitive data there, and I don't do shopping with a phone in fact I even removed google account from my Android.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Google has been pushing Chrome as the default browser to use for some time. Everyone quits supporting obsolete software when newer/better one is available. Installing Chrome takes a mere minute and is completely free; no reason to fuss about it. If you prefer to avoid Google's browsers, go for Firefox or any other browser available on Play.
Anyone remembers IE 6.0? How long it took for that piece of junk to die? And how many systems kept using it, despite the availability of better browsers, just because it kept getting some support from MS? It's better to cut the losses in one move, IMO.

das_stig

Distinguished
Google have a duty of care to provide fixes or force manufacturers / mobile copanies to provide updated roms for a minium of 5 years, if the next gen O/S is compatible with the handset, as most are with JB and KK..

Status
Not open for further replies.