Question What happened to my SD files?

Feb 22, 2022
I've been saving and viewing my photos, videos, documents, apk's, etc, on my SD card just fine. Until a few days ago when I started receiving a message that the card is not supported by my device(?) It's digesting that I format it.... What could've happened to all my files?? I've run a virus scan and malware scan, but nothing seems to come up! I have an Android Motorola Optimus and it's still fairly new. However, it did fall in the toilet recently. Could that be it? Is there any way to retrieve my files? files?

Feb 22, 2022
I've been saving and viewing my photos, videos, documents, apk's, etc, on my SD card just fine. Until a few days ago when I started receiving a message that the card is not supported by my device(?) It's digesting that I format it.... What could've happened to all my files?? I've run a virus scan and malware scan, but nothing seems to come up! I have an Android Motorola Optimus and it's still fairly new. However, it did fall in the toilet recently. Could that be it? Is there any way to retrieve my files?

Feb 22, 2022
Sounds like the SD card is defective or the phone damaged. Have you tried reading the SD card in another device (other phone or PC)?
No, I haven't really had anything to insert it in. But I'm assuming that should be one of the simplest methods of narrowing it down, am I correct? (Kinda like looking everywhere for a lost item until you [exhausted & frustrated] stop looking so hard and suddenly remember and find it?) I will try to test it like that, thanks!