Ramter

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015
My steelseries headset broke and now the sound works perfectly but the microphone broke. Now I need a new one for gaming.
I've been checking out Sennheiser Game Zero. Is it any good and do I need an AMP? If not can someone recommend any good headsets/headphones and microphones (AMP if needed).
My budget is max $300.
Any help is appreciated!

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
The Game ZERO is a good headset based of the 5XX line but is a little pricey compared to just buying the HD 518 and attatching a mic. Some have reported that they are quiet with onboard audio so an amp might be needed. I have had the 518 in the past and used it with a Realtek ALC 892 audio codec without a problem so YMMV.

With a $300 budget there are lots of great options. To help narrow down the list it would be helpful if you could answer the following questions:

- Will sound leaking out of the headphones be a problem/is isolation required?
- What genres of music do you listen to?
- Is there any part of the music you would want to stand out(EX: bass, vocals, guitars, cymbals) or would you prefer a balanced sound?
- Is your budget in USD?

Ramter

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

I'll type fast answers if that's ok.
1. Isolation isn't required.
2. Mostly Heavy/Death metal. From Rammstein - Metallica - System of a Down - Behemoth (some bands I listen to).
3. I like it balanced.
4. No it's in SEK (Swedish currency). Max 2500 SEK.
Thanks for answering.