what is a good gaming laptop ?

samantha204

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
I'm looking to buy a new laptop as my other one crashed. Unfortunatley I only have a budget of 600-800 Canadian Dollars. If you want you can just give me prices in US i'll convert. I'm looking to buy a Gaming computer because I use other than for basic purposes, mainly for gaming. I'm looking for sure to be able to Play Sim 2 and in 2 Months Sim3 when it comes out.

I'm not sure how you guys suggest things with Laptops, if you customize them or just suggest pre built but either way I need your expert advice on purchasing a good one ith that amount of money. I probably am looking for a good graphics card to support the games. Any help will be much apreciated.

FwoGiZ

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
1st, laptop arent good for gaming...
2nd, you can never get anything good for a gaming laptop for 600-800
sims2 and sims3 dont really need that good graph card tho... if those are the only game your planning to play, you need a low end gpu card in a avg laptop! that would prolly be makable with 800-1000$ but i cant help for that as i am too lookiing for a gaming laptop!

frozenlead

Distinguished
I don't know where fwogiz is coming from, however:

1. Laptops are wonderful machines for gaming, equipped properly.

2. You can get a notebook to play the Sims and such for that price. Pretty much just get anything with an 8400/9400 or 3450 in it.

samantha204

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
any suggestions for the newegg canadian store or any other site that is canadian ? Because when i look at the .com site and conert prices that one is like 1100 dollars in the end. And unfortunatley isn't available on the .ca site.