What is a headset replacement similar to my HyperX Cloud 2 (leather ear cups, specifically)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisgav

Estimable
May 26, 2014
So my HyperX Cloud 2's have broken in the same way twice now(sound card) and I'm tired of waiting for a replacement sound card for a week or two and dealing with support. So what is a reasonable headset replacement that has leather ear cups that I could use for gaming/talking with friends?

Solution
simple fix.. do not use the crappy soundcard that comes with the hxc2.. just use a different soundcard. its an analog headset and the soundcard is optional so why dont you just buy a xonar dg and call it a day. if it needs to be an external soundcard, just get a xonar u3 or similar

why buy a replacement if the headset itself is not busted. that would be a waste of money.

agreed, the first gen was better.

alternative good headsets? sennheiser game one (based on the hd518/558) but you may need a soundcard to make the most of those.

Shoomer

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
Honestly, the HyperX Cloud original V1. I've had both. And the old ones are better than the V2's in every way.

Please don't think I'm being sarcastic because I'm not my friend. It really is the truth. They sound better, are more comfortable and don't have crappy soundcards. And I believe they're cheaper these days.

simple fix.. do not use the crappy soundcard that comes with the hxc2.. just use a different soundcard. its an analog headset and the soundcard is optional so why dont you just buy a xonar dg and call it a day. if it needs to be an external soundcard, just get a xonar u3 or similar

why buy a replacement if the headset itself is not busted. that would be a waste of money.

agreed, the first gen was better.

alternative good headsets? sennheiser game one (based on the hd518/558) but you may need a soundcard to make the most of those.

Solution

Shoomer

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

The Clouds are based on the QPADS but Kingston did a bit of tweaking to make the Clouds.

StupidComputers

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
I concur that the original clouds are awesome, and comfy, i fall asleep in them alot, hence my problem: I need new leatherette ear pads, I just put on the velvet ones and i don't like them as much.

Does anyone know where I can order replacement pads from, or what will fit as substitute? Kingston's website says not available in my area (Canada) but i don't see how that's possible given shipping is a pretty basic thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.