What is a SSL handshake? In terms of the diagnostic data report on my iPhone

CarrieDye4real

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
In the "Diagnostic and Data Usage " section on my "Settings " app for my iPhone.
It has "Apple.extentions", what does it mean?

Solution

In the most basic terms, a SSL Handshake is an agreement for connection parameters between the device and the server it is connecting to. Were you around during the days of 56k? Remember that crunching, electronic-gibberish sound the modem/computer would make when connecting to the internet? That's the sound of "handshaking".

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing the SSL handshake in your iPhone's Diagnostic and Data report is just pointing out when your phone connects with a server and what data is sent.

The Diagnostic and Data Usage section are just a bunch of text logs of System Events that occur on...

jsimenhoff

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016

In the most basic terms, a SSL Handshake is an agreement for connection parameters between the device and the server it is connecting to. Were you around during the days of 56k? Remember that crunching, electronic-gibberish sound the modem/computer would make when connecting to the internet? That's the sound of "handshaking".

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing the SSL handshake in your iPhone's Diagnostic and Data report is just pointing out when your phone connects with a server and what data is sent.

The Diagnostic and Data Usage section are just a bunch of text logs of System Events that occur on your iOS device. The log isn't necessarily tracking your actions, but more creating entries when events such as an app crash occurs.

Solution