What is an appropriate price for a second hand Toshiba Sattelite L875?

CalDaMan

Estimable
Jun 3, 2016
What is an appropriate price for a second hand Toshiba Sattelite L875?

The reason I ask is because I have one on ebay and it doesn't look like it's going to sell as a ten day auction which I started at £100 (because a broken one sold for £100, so I should get more).

If this doesn't sell (and it looks like it won't) I want to put it back up as a permanent Buy-it-Now and just leave it there until it sells, but I have no idea what an appropriate price would be.

Any ideas?

clarkjd

Distinguished

Without knowing the complete specs of the laptop, I would set an upper max at no more than 50% of original retail, and probably 25% as more achievable.

Just search eBay for the laptop model with the "Sold listings" box checked. That will show you the price for all laptops of that model which sold in the last month or two. You may have to read individual listings to see specs and which were working vs which were for parts, but it's a quick and easy way to estimate how much it's worth.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/PC-Laptops-Netbooks/177/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&_nkw=Toshiba+Satellite+L875

It may also help if you list it in the correct category. According to the eBay link you gave, you listed it in:

Listed in category: Computers/Tablets & Networking>Computer Components & Parts>Laptop Replacement Parts>Laptop Housings & Touchpads
So it's going to be excluded from the search results for anyone limiting their search to PC Laptops & Netbooks.

CalDaMan

Estimable
Jun 3, 2016
Damn, I'll have to restart the auction in the correct category, stupid me!

Here are the specs:

Summary
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 3230M @ 2.60GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Intel PLCSF8 (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7670M (Toshiba)
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 (SATA )
7GB Generic Flash Disk USB Device (USB )
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

It's good a laptop, I paid over £600 for it brand new a few years back.

aPYjhw9.png