WHAT IS IT??? CAME IN A MAIL!

G

I have just recieved an e-mail with no topic, anonymous, and one file called DMADMGDM.EXE and I don't knwo what is it? Curiosity took place and I put on my computer, doubled clicked and it did nothing! What is it? A virus? Where can I get a good free antivirus program? AH!

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
lol
Well, try <A HREF="http://binary.tucows.com/win2k/virus2k.html" target="_new">here</A>.

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

G

CURSE THE BALANCE! I am using my second pc, on the one that I had this file internet doesn't work, I can't run any game, anything, everytime I go online - open IE, and on whatever page I go it says CANNOT BE DISPLAYED!!! What do I do now? If I download the antivirus - will it fit on the floppy? Who could do that? I don't have friends who can hack? what for? I don't have any imporant info on my pc, I don't wonna format! AH! HELP!

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Well, you could find someone with a CD burner to download the software for you and put it on a CD...

scarecrow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thats funny, just couldn't let it sit there could you.
If your using outlook or whatever your using to check your mail take a look at the headers to get an idea who/where the file was sent to you from.

<A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com" target="_new">Join The Tom's Hardware SETI@Home Team</A>

G

The thing is I use webmail.atlantic.net(u can't get there without username and password) to check my e-mail, it came from NOWHERE , doesn't have any heading and has nothing written, just one 32.2Kb file, by the way another one came except now it is 54.2Kb,should I open it?

G

I already did! Did nothing yet when I launched it! I am going to format my hard drive today anyway!

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Let me guess...you have Outlook/Outlook Express with the preview pane turned on.

G

NO! I have deleted all outlooks and that stuff, I can't just clock on the link and write somebody an e-mail, I have to go to webmail.atlantic.net to write something! it's like my ISP's site.

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is probably a virus that you executed on your computer. If you can ask a friend for an Anti-Virus CD you can try it, else you'll have to reformat/reinstall your software. You should never execute a program that you receive by e-mail, unless you are sure of the source. Everybody learn that way :)

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!