Solved! What is KMSAuto??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2020
I have purchased a laptop from a local shop and they said it comes with genuine Microsoft windows 10. But I just noticed that in the task manager, it shows a process named "KMSAUTO.exe" and it is running in the background all the time. I just checked the properties and it shows the following details.

Publisher: TeamDaz
Modified Date: 12/03/2019
Publisher Website: <<Link removed by moderator>>
Copyright: (c) 2019 TeamDaz
Digital Certificates: None

What is this file? Something similar to kmspico? Because the URL goes to a kmspico site which is detected by avast as malware.

7eoT7DB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It is a way to fraudulently activate Windows 10. This is not a legit installation of Windows.

If you own this system, you should consider wiping the current installation and perform a full, clean install of Windows and your applications. You have no idea what other nasties are to be found on this rig.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It is a way to fraudulently activate Windows 10. This is not a legit installation of Windows.

If you own this system, you should consider wiping the current installation and perform a full, clean install of Windows and your applications. You have no idea what other nasties are to be found on this rig.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.