What is the best $400 AUD two way speaker

LegitKraze

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Hello I'm in the market for a decent audio system and was looking at the two way speakers I think their called all though there's just one big speaker, but anyways I was looking at the Sony muteki gtkn1bt, is it worth cause it's only 100 watts as opposed to panasonics BMAX 3 which is 70 dollars cheaper, so my real question is, is sonys muteki gtkn1bt's price justified and does it sound any good, if not wouldn't you guys be able to suggest me something else.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
they both look ridiculous and will probably sound bad, they are toys. Is there any reason you picked these in particular? Watts and Decibels of output are different, then there is frequency response. If the panasonic has 2 separate speakers and the sony has 1, then the panasonic already wins between them. Going mono sound is a big step backwards for music reproduction. Can you link these speakers, tell us what music you mostly listen to, and weather or not you need bluetooth connection, or can go wired.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=29490&cPath=571
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16581&cPath=571
these are a great all in 1 unit if you want something self powered (no separate amplifier), but no bluetooth connection.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=567_602&products_id=33393
these are good bluetooth speakers that have got decent reviews for the price.
there are many other options if your open to separate amp and speakers too.

LegitKraze

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
No Bluetooth doesn't matter at all in fact I'd rather wired as they usually sound better and are cheaper, I just thought cause i saw the Sony one at my local retailer and thought it looked really neat and cause it's Sony I thought it'd be good, it seems sonys really lagging behind lately and my faith for them gets lower and lower every day, they've just gotten so dear and bad, they're turning into Apple. As for sound preferences I'm somewhat picky and would appreciate a slightly overpowered by bass but appreciate crystal clear highs, as such I listen to songs like fire in the flood, Firestone, ghost town ect.so most New pop sort of stuff. To give you a bit of a baseline I know headphones and speakers are completely different but I listen to music through beats by dr dre studio 2.0 which actually sound really good and have crisp highs and punchy bass that isn't near as muddy or overpowered as people would have you think.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
most of that type of speaker will have decent highs and strong, but boomy bass, normally midrange definition is lacking. Sony is not too bad, but all these plasticy looking units are not my taste, they are built for wow factor, not quality sound. But they may be good enough for what you want. Maybe look at some sound bars too if you want an all-in-one type setup. There are some decent ones if you dont mind having the subwoofer separate.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished

from what i've seen they're available to demo in most stores, so why not try one? Trust your ears. The panasonic's specs are a bit better, and would certainly play louder, but without actually hearing what it sounds like its hard to tell.