What is the best Antivirus?

MrTaylor

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
I am building a gaming computer and I would like to know what the best Antivirus is. My OS will be windows 7. If you have any questions I'll try to answer.

Thanks for your input!

Philfreeze

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

I personally tried a few but stuck with Bitdefender because you can turn the annoying messages off and I still don't have a Malware which did something (at least as far as I know).
From my experience with friends the best thing is to download your programs from sites with a good reputation (use steam or GoG for games or download them from the official website and don't steal them)
And another good thing is to register everything your computer does with your router, this way you would see if the pc is in a bot network.

Side note:
Never ever be stupid with important information, it doesn't belong on the internet or without security on your pc!

Second side note:
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-antivirus,review-2588.html

MrTaylor

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014

Thanks, I am really good with downloading and keeping information from the internet. I was just looking for a last line of defence.

EmilyLauren

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Comodo Windows 8 Antivirus!
No doubt in it. When I came across a malicious adware called mwsoemon i had a serious issue with spammy popup ads, redirection to malicious websites and though I had avast antivirus installed in my PC. After I had a scan with Comodo my system got recovered and I was free from adware with secure browsing. I would recommend you to install it in your windows PC which gives you very good support and live tension free.

123andrew

Estimable
May 29, 2015
Hi

Choosing the best antivirus depends on many factors. To know this firstly see the operating system that you are using and then think how you use your system. For example like you have said you want to build a gaming computer that means your antivirus software must recognize games that will be played and restricts any non essential alerts.
Keep these points in mind and then take an antivirus. Hope it will help you.