What is the best gaming laptop?

ispartan44

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
I've been researching for a good gaming laptop, which I would be mainly using for video editing.

I'm looking for a 17 inch, and I want a thinner form factor. I was originally thinking 16 gb of ram, 1Tb of storage. I recently was in a store and was pushed towards the MSI GS70 Stealth Pro-077. It had intel core i7, 16b memory, 1tb hdd + 128 GB SSD, nivida geforce gtx 970m, at 17.3 inchs.

I'm going to be honest, I love the look of the razer blade 2014, but I really dont like that price tag. I like the slim look, msi has some good computers, but I'm just not sure if the gs70 is right. the hp omen looked enticing, but only 15 inch. I've also been hearing some good things from asus.

Altogether I'm just not entirly sure which direction to exactly go with this one. Msi has lots of machinces that have the thinness I'm looking for, just not sure where to go. I'm a little new to the gaming laptop decision making.

Also, could the gs70 I saw in the store possibly have some overheating problems?

Solution
If it is in your price range honestly I would get that MSI laptop like you looked at in the store. MSI tends to make good systems, and while I don't know what CPU it has exactly the GTX 970M is a very new graphics processor, so its likely the CPU is also a very new and high performing i7. Given that plus the storage and memory specs, I personally wouldn't look any further unless you wanted to try and get something a little cheaper.

IInuyasha74

Honorable
If it is in your price range honestly I would get that MSI laptop like you looked at in the store. MSI tends to make good systems, and while I don't know what CPU it has exactly the GTX 970M is a very new graphics processor, so its likely the CPU is also a very new and high performing i7. Given that plus the storage and memory specs, I personally wouldn't look any further unless you wanted to try and get something a little cheaper.

Solution

IInuyasha74

Honorable

Certainly do not buy either of those. Both charge a large premium and often you can buy laptops that are cheaper, faster performing, lighter, thinner, and have better battery life. It is never a good idea to buy a computer from either unless you just want the looks of it.