What is the best PC for multitasking

mark2six

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I would like to know where I can get the most bang for my buck in a multitasking Laptop PC? I would like to be able to process images on Adobe CS4, watch a video, download torrents and surf the internet at the same time at a minimum, with no chop. Ideally I would like to spend around 2,000.00 and I would like to know what machine will give me the most performance for the money. I could care less about graphics but it looks like the gaming machines have the hardware that I am looking for. Is there any alternative where I can save on not having the bulked up graphics without going MAC?

Solution
ASUS is a brilliant, and quite a famous company. They make very reliable products (in fact they score HIGHEST in reliability) and they are brilliant. Go ahead, I completely approve of the Asus.

You can find a couple at Best Buy or Costco.

Have Fun!

mark2six

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
1_What is your budget? 2000.00 give or take

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17"

3_What screen resolution do you want? I'm not a gamer.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement laptop.

5_How much battery life do you need? Battery life is not really an issue. My computer remains stationary and on stable power wherever I move it too.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Photo editing with Adobe CS4 and Photomechanic, video editing, DVD creation, watching downloaded videos, downloading and seeding torrents.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? I would prefer to skimp on physical memory and store on external drives for the sake of performance.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. I am looking for something outside the mainstream.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD RW, Bluray RW

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Anything is fine

13_What country do you live in? I am US Navy stationed in Japan

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Tunafish

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I recommend the highest Dell Studio 17 model. And it's not a MAC, it's a Mac. If you run all the programs u mentioned above and your budget is 2000 (AND YOU WONT GAME) what's wrong with a Mac?

Hey, if you're open to opinions and you wanna download virus-prone torrents, why not get a Mac?

mark2six

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

Do you know anything about "ASUS" machines? I found a high powered machine for a reasonable price on a website I trust, but I have never heard of the company. Is this a deal or am I getting a new case with old guts?

Tunafish

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
ASUS is a brilliant, and quite a famous company. They make very reliable products (in fact they score HIGHEST in reliability) and they are brilliant. Go ahead, I completely approve of the Asus.

You can find a couple at Best Buy or Costco.

Have Fun!

Solution

mark2six

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

Cheers!