What is the best TV I can buy for £600 or less which is at least 49 inches and suitable for playing emulated games?

G

Hey,
What is the best TV I can buy for £600 or less which is at least 49 inches and suitable for playing emulated games. Should I be looking for a 4k 10 bit hdr?
I would consider increasing my budget to £800 if necessary.
I am in the UK.
Thank you very much.

Solution
Seeing how game emulators emulate old games that were made to run on consoles that produces maybe a 250 line image (for use on a standard CRT TV), a 4K TV would not be any better than a $100 720p set.

lordmogul

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
The "best" monitor would actually a gigantic CRT and a room big enough so you can sit far away enough for these resolutions (like 320x240 and 720x480)
But since I assume you don't have the space and the money for the resulting power bill, the best monitor would one that has a great upscaler for these resolutions. Besides that you might just rund them on higher resolution through settings in the emulator itself and search for a display with as less input delay as possible. Some of the older titles need pretty tight input windows to be fully enjoyed. Atleast if you are looking at consoles like SNES or Mega Drive/Genesis.
(I have an old CRT on my retro gaming rig and there is actually a noticable input difference beetween a cheap 2001 17" CRT and a mid-range 2010 22" 1080p TFT, atleast for me)