What is the best way I can play my region 1 and 2 dvd's in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberrich

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I've just tried to buy a region free bluray player but the shop said it would be locked to a region regarding dvds. I wanted to still play my region 1 and 2 dvds. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way I can do this. It sounds like I might have to buy 2 players, one British and one American player. I've just tried to play a couple of region 1 dvd's on my UK laptop and they play. They are old b/w Warner Bros films, but they won't play on my dvd player, which is a cheap one I have to say. Does anyone know why they played on my laptop? I didn't think my laptop had a multiregion player installed (it's a Samsung notebook), so I'm wondering if the discs are region 0 even though they say region 1. Thanks.

Solution
that I can't say. home burned DVDs are always so iffy when it comes to stand alone players. They should always work on computer players though as those are just way more forgiving it seems.

It probably should though as I see it mention it can play DVD-Video/DVD-R/DVD-RW: Yes • DVD+R/DVD+RW: Yes which are what you use for home made DVDs.

I noticed there was also a bluray region free player as well but that as like 150. https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-BDP-S1500-Lecteur-Multi-Region/dp/B00YD057KQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1483040627&sr=8-9&keywords=dvd+player+region+free

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015

cyberrich

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the Panasonic multiregion you recommended. The reviews seem good, but it does seem a cheap price though. Do you know if it is good quality. I also wanted to be able to play my home made dvd's (of weddings, holidays, old films I've recorded from TV, etc). I know home made copies don't always play that well on cheaper dvd players. I've heard more expensive players cope better, but how true this is I don't know. Do you know if the panasonic will be able to play these home made ones. Thanks.

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
that I can't say. home burned DVDs are always so iffy when it comes to stand alone players. They should always work on computer players though as those are just way more forgiving it seems.

It probably should though as I see it mention it can play DVD-Video/DVD-R/DVD-RW: Yes • DVD+R/DVD+RW: Yes which are what you use for home made DVDs.

I noticed there was also a bluray region free player as well but that as like 150. https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-BDP-S1500-Lecteur-Multi-Region/dp/B00YD057KQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1483040627&sr=8-9&keywords=dvd+player+region+free

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.