What is the best way to clean between the keys?

alexo1001

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
I have been using my Macbook a lot so there is a lot of Dirt between the Keys and I would like to know how I can get rid of that. I also do not want to use a keyboard cover because it is harder to type with that
Picture of the Keys: http://postimg.org/image/r56sb8wq3/

Solution
Hey alexo1001
You can use a product such as iGo Laptop cleaning kit or simply cotton buds soaked with isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol) or something alcohol based that evaporates quickly. It's good to have the can of compressed air to blow out any debris/dirt underneath the keys. Also it's worth doing that a bit more often to avoid having it in such a state as the research showing that some keyboards might have more bacteria than a toilet seat :)

hexcs

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Hey alexo1001
You can use a product such as iGo Laptop cleaning kit or simply cotton buds soaked with isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol) or something alcohol based that evaporates quickly. It's good to have the can of compressed air to blow out any debris/dirt underneath the keys. Also it's worth doing that a bit more often to avoid having it in such a state as the research showing that some keyboards might have more bacteria than a toilet seat :)

Solution

alexo1001

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015

Thanks for letting me know, I will definitely clean my Keyboard more often.

McHenryB

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
With my Mac keyboard (a wireless one, not a laptop) I just hold it upside down and wipe it with a washing-up sponge with a very minimal amount of dillute washing-up liquid solution. Dip the sponge in the water then squeeze it to get (almost) all the liquid out. It cleans the keyboard a treat, both the keys themselves and the spaces between them.