What is this BIOS Beep?

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, unplug the PC off the wall then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, do reseat the RAM's, turn off the PC again then remove all the RAM's off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If the PC will continue beeping, do also try reseating the video card if you also have one.
- Lastly, if it will still not work do also disconnect all other device connected to your PC like Printers or webcam.

Hopefully this will help. :)
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, unplug the PC off the wall then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, do reseat the RAM's, turn off the PC again then remove all the RAM's off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If the PC will continue beeping, do also try reseating the video card if you also have one.
- Lastly, if it will still not work do also disconnect all other device connected to your PC like Printers or webcam.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Solution

limchinkah

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

I unplugged all the external USB devices (mouse, keyboard, speakers, webcam) and rebooted the PC. The PC rebooted without the BIOS Beeps. But when i reinstalled the mouse and keyboard, the PC shut down within a few minutes. When it tried rebooting itself, it gave the BIOS beeps again. I figured that the mouse or keyboard might be the cause of the problem.

I changed the keyboard to a spare keyboard, rebooted and everything went fine. I have rebooted the PC several times after that and I dont hear the BIOS Beeps anymore. However, it shut down and restarted on its own once but unfortunately I was not able to capture the error codes on the screen.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, it was a great help.

TRENDING THREADS