What is this heavy red glare?

wickermaster

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
I need advice. I have a Sanyo 55" LCD TV, about 2 years old and I cant get rid of a heavy red glare on the picture. I tried new cables, adjusting all the settings and nothing seems to help. I posted some images of the problem on my webpage www.denell.com. If someone could guide me as to what part needs to be replaced I could probably handle it from there. Thanks for your help. Al

Solution
I would contact a service tech. Maybe call Sanyo and ask who services their TVs in your area. They usually contract service techs in different areas to handle their warranty work. So even if your HDTV is out of warranty, they may be able to recommend their person to you. I did that with a Samsung I had.

clutchc

Distinguished
I would contact a service tech. Maybe call Sanyo and ask who services their TVs in your area. They usually contract service techs in different areas to handle their warranty work. So even if your HDTV is out of warranty, they may be able to recommend their person to you. I did that with a Samsung I had.

Solution
wow... thats really strange.

looked around a bit and since you checked everything obvious its most likely a bad board inside the tv.

getting parts for off brands like sanyo could be hard. as far as i know (words from a tv techs own mouth) only major brands like sony and samsung have parts readily available.

also unless you are used to fixing electronics you may not want to screw around with it. a tech visit (provided they can get the part) would cost you at least $300-500 most likely which brings into question: is it worth it?

depending on how much you paid it might be worth getting a new tv. cheap brands like sanyo are considered disposable tvs anyways. (no offense of course).

wickermaster

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013