What is this piece and where can I get it

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello guys I have a Toshiba Satellite A660-0V3 laptop. The laptop works perfectly fine but someone tried to change the keyboard on the laptop and broke the little plastic piece that holds the keyboard ribbon in place.
Does anyone know what the name of this piece is or where I can find it?
I don't even know what to search for on Google because I don't even know what it is called.
I went to some stores and everyone is telling me that I cannot buy this piece I need to buy the entire motherboard.
I know the motherboard works fine and I don't want to spend a lot of money when I know this plastic piece is probably 50 cents.

20150612_134410.jpg
[/url][/img]
20150612_134414.jpg

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Some parts are too tiny to bother putting part numbers on. Just the way of modern electronics.

My latest attempt at repairing a damaged micro-USB port on a tablet failed. Just don't feel like investing $200 on an infrared soldering station to fix an $80 tablet. (Though I am still tempted, all kinds of uses for that equipment)

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Isn't that all of our poison. Knowing that it can be fixed and it should be fixed but it's not worth it. And even knowing it's not worth it we still want to fix it because it's there and we know we can. :)